Re: ORA-1034 ORACLE not available

From: Peter Chandler <peterc_at_melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1995/05/23

won_at_colin.muc.de (Wolfgang Neubert) writes:

>I have installed ORACLE 7.1.4 on SCO ODT 3.0. After installation I created a new
>user won with sqldba. After that I can connect to the database with
>sqlplus only when I am logged in SCO as user oracle. When I log into SCO
>as user won I can not connect to Oracle as won nor as system. When I try it
>there comes the error:
>ORA-1034 ORACLE not available
>ORA-7320: smsget: shmat error when trying to attach sga.
>AT&T .... Error:13:permission denied

>This seems to be a permission problem, but all files in $ORACLE_HOME
>have permission 644 or 755. So what is wrong ?
>Any help is appreciated.

>Wolfgang

Have you checked the permissions on the semaphores in memory. They should all be owned by oracle, group dba and have read access to owner and group (if applicable to your system.)

I have experienced something like this on a Unix system before.

Good luck!

Pete. Received on Tue May 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message