Re: Indexes ? or Constraints ?

From: Robert Gauf <75301.2763_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1995/05/23

Unique indexes may be unsupported later but I think it will be a verrrrry long time. We converted from 6 to 7 and decided, for the time being, to leave the unique indexes as they were. The wonderful thing is ;-) that you can't drop and reorganize an constraint !!! (ie if it goes bad you have to remove the constraint and sometimes you have user / timing issues that this is a bad thing for) Anyways, you can physically manipulate indexes a lot easier then table constraints (or maybe I'm just being old fashioned).

--
Rob Gauf
I.S. Research & Technology