Re: Alternate reporting tool for Oracle ?

From: Erlend Flaa <erlend_at_oslonett.no>
Date: 1995/05/23

esa.lusa_at_cctap.carel.fi (Esa Lusa) wrote:

>In article <3onb67$b60_at_vkhdsu01.hda.hydro.com>,
>nho9deg_at_nho.hydro.com says...
>>
>>We have used Oracle Reports 2.0.13.1.4 as a reporting tool in
>our project (a document archiving/retrieving system) primarily
>to be consistent with our cho
>>
>>However, having used Oracle Reports for some time now
>constructing a few standard reports of medium complexity, we
>have come to the conclusion that this t
>>
>>We are therefore on the lookout for a substitute for Oracle
>Reports and would like hear from you fella's out there what you
>would recommend. What we need
>>
>>We'll eagerly await your responses...
>>
>> ABa and Dag :-)

In spite of bad press regarding the company lately: Unique A/S in Sandnes, Norway actually has an excellent report writer called Unique-Xtra. Traversing complex database structures is just one of the things it is good at. Lots of Universitys in the UK are using this report writer. This product actually beats mosts report-writers on the market, but Unique has never figured out the marketing bit!

Send me an email if you want more info.

Erlend

Erlend Flaa                          Email: erlend_at_oslonett.no
Uniba Data AS, Colbjornsens gt.2,N-0256 OSLO, NORWAY Telephone: +47 2256 2650 Telefax: +47 2255 6850

All standard disclaimers apply, I think, probably...yes! Received on Tue May 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message