Re: Forms 3 to Forms 4.0 (or 4.5)

From: <wagner_s_at_gw2.admin.ch>
Date: 1995/05/23

In article <3p0gq0$3bm_at_cardinal.fs.com>, skannan_at_peregrin.fs.com ( S. Kannan) writes:
> Greg Bennett (greg_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
> : I have developed an application in Forms 3, but would
> : now like to move this to Forms 4.

If you have the Oracle "Kundeninformation" (must be the same as 'Technical Newsletter') from October 1994 IV. Quartal there is a full description to convert a Menu 5 / Forms 3 Application. But don't try to only to convert, if you want a bitmaped Version. This need a redesign. But if you can use still the character mode, this will work like a old fashoned Menu 5 / Forms 3 Application.

Unfortunatly is this "Kundeniformation" a german education. But it is a collection of english informations, you should find the english versions in the Section

	Problems and Workaround
	Oracle Forms 4.0	Converting to Forms4 - Syntax and Caveats
with the Classification
	Environment:	Generic
	Product:	Forms40
	Subject:	Converting to Forms4 - Syntax and Caveats

> : Where can a get the 'tools' to convert my "version 3"
> : forms ?

There must be a 'Kumaran GUI*Converter' for Forms 4.5 available in may 95. I have not seen it yet. So I can't say is it bad or not. This tools should add buttons for example 'enter querry' and 'exe querry' wiche the f40gen does not.

Hope it helps. If you are interested in the Technical Note and you can not find it, sen me your FAX-Number, I can FAX it for you.

Stefan

    / || \              Email Internet:  stefan.wagner_at_mo40.asb.admin.ch
+------------+                    X400:  s=Wagner g=Stefan ou=asb
|  /------\  |                           c=ch a=arcom p=admin-bva o=admin-ch

 / || \
Stefan Wagner, Swiss Federal Highways Office, Monbijoustr. 40, CH-3003 Berne
Tel: +41-31-322-4731                                    Fax: +41-31-322-9402