Re: BALLPARK PC Performance

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: 1995/05/23

skanga_at_us.oracle.com (Shiraz Kanga) wrote:
>Date: 21 May 1995 07:12:56 GMT
>
>In article <3n4511$dv0_at_status.gen.nz> pfraser_at_iconz.co.nz (Peter Fraser) writes:
>>OK it scores several million on the vague scale but
>>is a half million record Oracle database unreasonable on a
>>Pentium Novell server with sufficient memory?
>>Serving 4 clients.
>>Not much to go on I know -but any comments appreciated.
>>
>>PETE
>>pfraser_at_manukau.govt.nz
>>

>No - Actually it looks very reasonably inside your ballpark [which seems
>to have no real perimeter :-) I might add]
>
>shiraz
>
>--
>Shiraz Kanga (skanga_at_oracle.com) Tel: (415)506-5412 Fax: (415)506-7822
>Analyst -- Desktop Netware Group - Worldwide Technical Support - 3OP11
>Oracle Corporation 500 Oracle Pkwy, MS 659311, Redwood Shores CA 94065
>"I work for Oracle - I speak and type (over here at least) for myself"

Hi again Mr. Kanga and other Netizens,

Thanks for not being a weenie and being frank about the ballpark.;^)

Would you mind giving us an informal assessment of the impact that the multiprocessor Netware 4 will have on Oracle7? Are there any technical papers and/or bulletins out on this topic? Should we expect stability problems at first?

Thanks,

Eric D. Pierce (PierceED_at_csus.edu)
Data Janitor
California State University, Sacramento

"Money can buy you a fine dog,
 but only love can make it wag its' tail." Kinky Freidman Received on Tue May 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message