Re: How to logout in PRO*C?

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/05/22

In article <sedwards.800814386_at_crash.cts.com>, sedwards_at_crash.cts.com (Newline) writes:
|> I have a server daemon on VMS that processes SQL requests from client
|> programs. The program is written using PRO*C. If my connection to Oracle
|> is broken (because Oracle was shut down, or my session was killed) it
|> tries to log back in. Orace says it can't because it is already logged
|> in.
|>
|> How do I log out of Oracle so I can re-establish my connection in PRO*C.
|> There is an OCI call to log off, but it needs the address of the LDA.
|>
|> Is there a way to log off in PRO*C or is there a way to get the address
|> of the LDA in PRO*C?
|>
|> Any help will be most appreciated.
|>
|> Steve Edwards

EXEC SQL COMMIT WORK RELEASE.
The RELEASE keyword (this also works on a ROLLBACK) disconnects you from the database. If you don't do this now, then when your program ends the database detects the dropped connection and rolls back the current transaction, then drops the connection. Received on Mon May 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message