Re: Oracle Password?

From: Martin Erdely <merdely_at_astound.dialix.oz.au>
Date: 1995/05/20

In article <3p661b$qq9_at_debbie.cc.nctu.edu.tw>, (chiu_at_cc.nctu.edu.tw) writes:
>Hi,
>
> Is it possible to attain Oracle passoword directly in FORM program? The
>reason why we need password is that we need to call sqlplus in our programs
>which require user name and password to login but we don't want hardcode the
>password in programs. Or there is another way to achieve the same goal?
>Any idea?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Keny

Hi Keny

If you are using Forms 4 ,then you can get the password by calling the forms builtin Get_Application_Property. eg To store the password in a global variable, in a trigger type:

:global.passwd := Get_Application_Property(PASSWORD);

BTW, be careful with extracting the username. Depending on what version of Forms 4 you have, it may contain the SQL*Net connect string also. I know with Forms 4.0.12 you have to split the user and SQL*Net connect string.

Hope this helps.

 Martin Erdely Internet: merdely_at_astound.dialix.oz.au

"Bug free Software. I'd like to see that" Received on Sat May 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message