Re: Error in Dynamic SQL

From: <surya_at_usa.net>
Date: 1995/05/20

> qing_at_karuna.tcs.com (Cathy Lin) writes:
> I have a question for Pro*C users:
>
> I'm using Dynamic SQL [DELETED] I got an error: ORA-01001: invalid cursor
> The place it points to DOES NOT use cursors, just PREPARE and
> EXECUTE. The program works for some of the cases, yet this error
> occurs in some other cases followed by a core dump.

 [DELETED]

I have seen similar errors when programmers didn't handle the strings in C properly. It is possible that in some cases you are overwriting oracle variables and you are getting invalid cursor. This could also cause core dump type of errors.

Ganesh Puranik
Consultant, Surya Systems, Inc. Received on Sat May 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message