Error in Dynamic SQL

From: Cathy Lin <qing_at_karuna.tcs.com>
Date: 1995/05/19

I have a question for Pro*C users:

I'm using Dynamic SQL to execute some very straightfoward 'FETCH', 'INSERT INTO' and 'DELETE' statements(no PL/SQL stuff) and I got an error:

ORA-01001: invalid cursor

The place it points to DOES NOT use cursors, just PREPARE and EXECUTE. The program works for some of the cases, yet this error occurs in some other cases followed by a core dump.

I couldn't find any explanation for this error from 'oerr'. Any idea what's happening? I'm using Oracle 7 on SunOS.

Any suggestion is welcome. Email is prefered.

Thanks
Cathy Received on Fri May 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message