Updating Oracle Using MS-Access (Solution)

From: Kevin Bongiovanni <bong_at_fwb.gulf.com>
Date: 1995/05/19

Problem: I have two Oracle 6.x tables attached to MS-Access. I can insert and update one table but the other table is read only. In SQL*PLUS, I have access to both tables. What's the problem with the ODBC? A few weeks ago I posted this problem and today I solved it.

Solution:
A table must have a primary key defined for MS-Access to insert or update it. In Oracle 6, a unique index must exist on the table. In Oracle 7, the table must have a primary key. My problem was that one of my tables did not have a unique index (I did have several indexes).

Just thought everybody would like to know this. Received on Fri May 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message