Re: ORA-1034 ORACLE not available

From: Alex Long <paladin_at_along.dialix.oz.au>
Date: 1995/05/19

In article <3pfsla$ed_at_marvin.muc.de>, Wolfgang Neubert (won_at_colin.muc.de) writes:
>I have installed ORACLE 7.1.4 on SCO ODT 3.0. After installation I created a new
>user won with sqldba. After that I can connect to the database with
>sqlplus only when I am logged in SCO as user oracle. When I log into SCO
>as user won I can not connect to Oracle as won nor as system. When I try it
>there comes the error:
>ORA-1034 ORACLE not available
>ORA-7320: smsget: shmat error when trying to attach sga.
>AT&T .... Error:13:permission denied
>
>This seems to be a permission problem, but all files in $ORACLE_HOME
>have permission 644 or 755. So what is wrong ?
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

This is just a guess, but did you set the Orcale environmental pointers in the login script (,cshrc or whatever?).

Regards,
Alex Long

--
                          ,     \    /      ,
                         / \    )\__/(     / \
                        /   \  (_\  /_)   /   \
 ______________________/_____\__\_at_  @/___/_____\________________
|paladin.along.dialix.oz.au 					|
|Alex Long 		   					|
|Adelaide, South Australia 					|
|_______________________________________________________________|
|Weep not for little Leonie,                   			|
|Abducted by a French Marquis!               			|
|Though loss of honour was a wrench,           			|
|Just think how it's improved her French.         Harry Graham. |

_