Re: Three-Tier Client Server

From: Your Name Here <you_at_ksc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1995/05/19

In article <1995May18.144208.4496_at_nosc.mil>, mvergara_at_sctcorp.com (Michael P. Vergara) says:

>My boss asked me today about this. I have never heard of 'Three-Tier
>Client/Server' architecture. Am I that far out of it? Can anyone
>shed some light on this topic?
>
>Thanks
>Mike

>Mike Vergara | Be good and you will be lonesome
>mvergara_at_sctcorp.com (Business) | Be lonesome and you will be free
>mvergara_at_ix.netcom.com (Personal) | Live a lie and you'll live to regret it
> | That's what living means to me

John J. Donovan of the Cambridge Technology Group, Inc. Mass. has a book called Business and Technology: A Paradigm Shift. Talks all about it. The front end is the client application, the middle is a set of applications that can connect any front end application with any back end database. Like a smart switch. The bottom of course are the dbms's of choice.

jdr Received on Fri May 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message