Re: How to logout in PRO*C?

From: Rene Pijlman <Rene.Pijlman_at_inter.NL.net>
Date: 1995/05/18

sedwards_at_crash.cts.com (Newline) wrote:
>I have a server daemon on VMS that processes SQL requests from client
>programs. The program is written using PRO*C. If my connection to Oracle
>is broken (because Oracle was shut down, or my session was killed) it
>tries to log back in. Orace says it can't because it is already logged
>in.
>
>How do I log out of Oracle so I can re-establish my connection in PRO*C.
>There is an OCI call to log off, but it needs the address of the LDA.
>
>Is there a way to log off in PRO*C or is there a way to get the address
>of the LDA in PRO*C?
>
>Any help will be most appreciated.
>
>Steve Edwards

Steve,

Use

    EXEC SQL ROLLBACK RELEASE; or

    EXEC SQL COMMIT RELEASE; See chapter 6 of the Programmer's guide to the ORACLE Precompilers, version 1.5.

HTH,

-Ren\'e Pijlman-                      _-^^-_
Rene.Pijlman_at_inter.NL.net           _- _ -  -_
On no account allow a Vogon       || \  -  /\\
to read poetry at you.            ||  \___/ ||
- Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy ||       //|\