Re: problem with vt220 to PC-keyboard mapping

From: Stephen Newhouse <bps2_at_bps2.ebay.sun.com>
Date: 1995/05/18

In article KBn_at_stortek.com, Pam_Weinstein_at_stortek.com (Pam Weinstein) writes:
> I've developed a UNIX-based Forms application. My users access the
> application via telnet using vt220 terminal emulation.
>
> They can access all the Oracle function keys, but I would like to make
> the PC-escape key match Oracle's PF4.
>
> Does anybody out there have any ideas how I could accomplish this?
> Thanks, Pam

You imply that your users have PC's, using DOS/WINDOWS running terminal emulators accessing a UNIX system. Your issue, then, would be with the terminal emulator software you are using, since that is the program managing the keyboard maps. I know of a number of terminal emulators that dynamically remap PC keys. I use Reflection for windows and it will remap the ESC key to PF4, though I am sure there are others which will, too.

You can't remap using Oracle Terminal, since VT220 keys use combinations of ESC and other keys to generate the appropriate function key.

hth Received on Thu May 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message