Re: SYSTEM tablespace defragmentation...

From: Stephen Newhouse <bps2_at_bps2.ebay.sun.com>
Date: 1995/05/18

In article 49J_at_mecati.mecasoft.ch, unter_at_mecati.mecasoft.ch (Stefano UNTERNAEHRER) writes:

> Hello DBA's !
>
> I'm trying to defragment my poor system tablespace...
> Here is what I have done (hope is complete!):
> - exp system/manager inctype=COMPLETE compress=Y full=Y grants=Y constraints=Y
> - SQLDBA> shutdown
> - tar cvf /dev/dat ./dbs
> - mv ./dbs ./dbsOLD
> - prepared a new ./dbs directory with init<name>.ora and sql.bsq (needed?)
> - SQLDBA> startup nomount + connect internal
> - SQLDBA> create database <name> ... (<name> is the same as the old one)
> - SQLDBA> shutdown + startup open <name> + connect internal
> - SQLDBA> created some tablespaces and rollback segments like the old ones
>
> At this moment I've restarted the database and called the imp utility,
> to let import my old users, grants, tables, rows, indexes, constraints...
>
> $ imp system/manager file=expdat.dmp full=Y
>
> Import: Version 6.0.34.2.1 - Production on Mon May 15 21:04:02 1995
> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1989. All rights reserved.
> Connected to: ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.34.2.1, transaction processing option - Production
> IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
> IMP-00023: Import views not installed, please notify your DBA
>

> WHY ?? What am I missing?
there is a sql script that I recall I had to run to get export/import to run. I think it was called expvew.sql
look for it in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs (I'm not really sure where it was) but the Oracle manuals do make reference to this (that's how I found it).

hth Received on Thu May 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message