Re: Has anyone tried SQL*Net with Trumpet Winsock ?

From: Karen Payten <karen_at_metz.une.edu.au>
Date: 1995/05/18

Gerald Klima (klima_at_donau.boku.ac.at) wrote:
: Has anyone tried to run SQL*Net Version 1.1 with the shareware Trumpet
: Winsock TCP/IP stack ? It tried connecting to an ORACLE V7 database on a
: HP 9000/715 host, but I always get the message

: ORA-06120: NETTCP: network not loaded.

: When I check which DLLs are loaded, it seems that all the necessary libs are there
: (sqltcp, msocklib, mwinsock, winsock).
: I would like to use Trumpet Winsock because it"s very small
: and quick to install compared to commercial packages (e.g. Chameleon TCP).

: Thanks for any help,
: Gerald

I have successfully connected to an Oracle V6 database via Excel, Oracle*Glue and SQL*Net for Windows V1.1, over Trumpet Winsock V2.0 TCP/IP. When I installed SQL*Net, the third-party TCP/IP software I chose was:

        FTP PC/TCP V2.2 I'm not sure what else to tell you?

Karen

Karen Payten
Database Administrator
Computing and Communication Services
University of New England, Armidale NSW AUSTRALIA Email: karen_at_metz.une.edu.au Phone: +61 67 733549