OCI link library problem

From: <andreas_at_orca.fhcrc.org>
Date: 1995/05/17

We have a large system written with OCI calls rather than ProC. This is on an IBM rs600. To get to version 7 we have gone from 6.36 to 6.37 for now. The link libraries for OCI are not the same in 36 & 37. Oracle sent a fax saying ' use this link library ( libocic.a ) ' but it was not correct. The interesting thing is that in all of the version 6.37 demo libraries, liboci14c.a is referred to, not libocic.a. One might think that they read their own makefiles?

At any rate, the old file system and the libocic14c.a file must be used. Does anyone have these problems? Am I going to have to re-write hundreds of subroutines when I go to version 7?

I just wanna link..... Received on Wed May 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message