Re: Need a GUI frontend for ad hoc queries

From: Greg E. Tyrl <Gregory_E_Tyrl_at_cngp.cng.com>
Date: 1995/05/16

There are a number of client/server packages capable of meeting your needs. Data Browser (Oracle), Business Objects for Windows (Business Objects), and Focus for Windows (Information Builders) are but a few. We, at CNG Producing, use all three packages to access Oracle7 databases, on a Unix platform, via an IP/TCP connection.

Business Objects for Windows allows an administrator to develop and maintain a shared repository, bearing definitions of tables, views, and joins, along with canned queries, report templates, and procedures. Little or no programming experience is required.

If you have any questions concerning these packages, Business Objects and Focus for Windows in particular, feel free to contact me. Received on Tue May 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message