Re: SQL*Net NetBIOS Config

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1995/05/16

In <3p93qv$15t_at_peach.america.net>, jscheid_at_America.NET (James E. Scheid) writes:
>Can someone give me a sample config for a database running on a server named
>NUMONE?
>I have tried:
>LOCAL=b:NUMONE
>no luck
>
>plus, what is the server name for NTBSRV.EXE ?
>
>PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
>
>//-------------------------------------------------------------
>// James E. Scheid jscheid_at_america.net
>// Team OS/2

Your Oracle Server name can be specified in one on two ways:

  1. Edit your Server's Config.ora and add the line ORACLE_SRVNAME=NUMONE *or*
  2. When you start NTBSRV.EXE pass the server name as a parameter. For example: NTVSRV NUMONE

Unless you have a local database on your clients machine it looks like your connect string is ok. If you do have a local DB running use REMOTE=B:NUMONE you can also put a connect string in your clients config.ora like:

   SQLNET DBNAME NUMONE=B:NUMONE Also if your clients are running OS/2 make sure you have an environment variable set in your CONFIG.SYS pointing to CONFIG.ORA. For example,

   SET CONFIG=D:\ORATOOLS\BIN\CONFIG.ORA Hope this helps.

M.Landa Received on Tue May 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message