compiler required for solaris 2.4 install?

From: Rob E. Allan <rallan_at_ohgpu.hydro.on.ca>
Date: 1995/05/16

We are porting our ORACLE database from sunOS 4.1.3_U1 to sunOS 5.4 (solaris 2.4). Going over the install notes, they seem to say that a C compiler is required for the install. This is a bit troublesome since we have to install thist database at client sites without any compilers. (Actually at these sites not having a compiler is seen as a "good thing".)

Can anyone who has done a solaris install give me a yea or nay on this? Sorry if I missed something in the doc's but I find it hard to believe that a compiler is required since the sun compiler is about $1K and a license manager is required.

BTW, we are going to install 7.1.4.

Thanks for any help

rob allan
rob.e.allan_at_hydro.on.ca Received on Tue May 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message