Re: What is wrong with this query?

From: Thomas M. Buccelli <tmb_at_idm.com>
Date: 1995/05/16

Joe Nardone (joe_at_access1.digex.net) wrote:

} As part of an error trapping routine, I'm having a problem with
} what should be a fairly simple query.

} First, the query:

} select bill_acct_id from transmission
} where bill_acct_id not in (select acct_id from convert_acct);

} Basically, I want a list of all 'bill_acct_id's in the 'transmission'
} table that are not in the conversion table (convert_acct). I know
} for a fact that there are bill_acct_id's not in the conversion
} table, yet the query returns no rows. Why?

To make things easier on yourself, you might want to try MINUS.

ie:
select bill_acct_id from transmission
minus
select acct_id from convert_acct;