Re: What is wrong with this query?

From: Murray Kaiser <ae873_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 1995/05/15

Joe Nardone (joe_at_access1.digex.net) wrote:

: select bill_acct_id from transmission
: where bill_acct_id not in (select acct_id from convert_acct);

I, too, use such SQL statements for exceptions reporting all the time.

Are you sure that bill_acct_id and acct_id are of the same data types? One isn't varchar2 and the other char or number? The same size?

--
Murray Kaiser                  | Usual gutless disclaimer..
Nova Scotia Power              | Opinions are mine and not necessarily