Help Creating Oracle Server on AIX

From: <joel.cort_at_ctg.com>
Date: 1995/05/15

Hi Folks

We have an IBM RISC 6000 59H (7013) server running AIX 3.2.5 and we are having problems loading and creating an Oracle server. We are trying to create and Oracle Server version 7.1.6 and we get an error creating certain files.

We called Oracle support and they have not responded yet.

The error occurs during this line of the make file:

as -o osntab.o osntab.s

The error is:

Assembler
osntab.s line 6: 1252-016 The specified opcode or pseudo-op is not valid

        use supported instruction pseudocode.

And that's it, line 6 looks great just like line 5 and 7.

Any help on what the remedy to this problem would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Joel Cort
Communications Consultant

joel.cort_at_ctg.com Received on Mon May 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message