Re: Oracle 7 Server weirdness

From: Lee Parsons <lparsons_at_eskimo.com>
Date: 1995/05/15

Kurt Adam <mage_at_vt.edu> wrote:
>I occasionally would get the
>archiver to say that the problems were gone and it had restarted, but then it
>would stop again as soon as it did a log switch.

How did you get the archiver workin again? Bounce the instance? I've had a problem under Solaris where I run out of space at my archive_log_dest and the arch process never comes back even after I have cleaned up. The only way I could get it back was to restart the instance.

I have a tar open but haven't been able to reproduce consistantlly.

Anybody else seen this?

> I'm getting lots of trace files and errors in the alert log that a dead
>dispatcher was found for network 'ipc'. The trace files say:
>ORA-00108: failed to set up dispatcher to accept connection asynchronously

Yank mts_dispatchers out of your init.ora. actually there are several other mts_* parameters in init.ora. They may have to come out also but I think just the above will do it.

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com