Case 5.0 to 5.1 Conversion Problem (help)

From: <jenseng_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1995/05/15

I am experiencing some problems with a project that I am currently working on.

Here's the environment:

We have a SPARC 2 running SunOS 4.1.3 with Oracle 7.1.6 and CDE (Production 3).

We had a series of applications that were developed in Case 5.0 under Oracle 6.x. We then want to do some enhancements to the data model and regenerate Oracle 7.1.x DDL. Hence the decision to move the application in Case 5.1.

I used the Case*DBA utility to do the conversion of the applications and imported the apps. Everything went fairly smoothly (or so I thought).

At first glance everthing is ok, the CHARs became VARCHAR2's and the screens all pop up fine.

However, when I went to the fastpath table mapping screen and attempted to modify how an entity to table mapping was done I got a very strange error

CDI-1164 ERROR: SYSTEM: cannot onsert into TAB_ENTS

I check the obvious ... does the user have rights to modify the application (YES) What is TAB_ENTS ... its a view ... should it be a view (I don't know?)

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Gord. Received on Mon May 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message