Re: Oracle price..?

From: <smith117_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/05/13

Brian Graham <GrahamB_at_psac.com> writes:

>>What is the price for Oracle database and any developers add on software?
>>Thanks.
>>

> Contact Oracle for quotes for your intended platform. To get an idea,
>though, our Novell rdbms and tools ran about $5000 for 32 concurrent users,
>while our risc platform runs about $50,000. "BALLPARK" CANADIAN FIGURES ONLY!

It depends.

If you are just getting started, and you don't need the extended licensing options of enterprise oracle, and an intel server can do the job, Oracle Workgroup Server is probably the economical way to get started.

$99 per client to load network software
$199 per concurrent server side connection

Likely Developer tools:

SQL/Plus approx $500 per developer
Pre Compiler? approx $600 per developer

Advanced toolsets:

Oracle Objects for OLE for VB or Windows C++ users Oracle Power Objects, full development environment, $1299 Developer/2000, high end development environment, $3995

Good luck,

Dan

PS - The Workgroup Server supports many different intel operating systems, Novell, NT, OS/2, SCO Unix, Solaris x86 Received on Sat May 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message