Re: Forms 3 to Forms 4.0 (or 4.5)

From: pconnors on BIX <pconnors_at_BIX.com>
Date: 1995/05/13

greg_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Greg Bennett) writes:

> I have developed an application in Forms 3, but would
>now like to move this to Forms 4.

>Where can a get the 'tools' to convert my "version 3"
>forms ?

>thanks.

They're built in, at least under X Windows on Solaris.

I can run f40gen with options (I forget which options; just running   f40gen by itself shows the options) and specify a forms 3 .inp   file, and it converts to forms 4, doing an adequate job of   preserving the look-and-feel, and keeping all of my logic and   commenting intactr .

Haven't done this under Windows yet; check the docs. But it's built-in. f40gen is the command-line to generate a form.

   -Pat Connors. Received on Sat May 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message