Long Raw (BLOB) Processing - How to Insert in O7?

From: Bob O'Briant <robriant_at_clc.gmeds.com>
Date: 1995/05/12

   Does anyone know the SQL syntax to insert a "BLOB" Binary Large OBject, into the Oracle 7 Long Raw datatype? Other than using the Oracle Pre-Compiler and C, is there a means to insert information in these fields.

   My primary are of interest is for Visual Basic. I am familiar with OLE 2.0 and Oracle Objects but have an application that was written utilizing Visual Basic and Q+E/VB. The Q+E/VB product supports utilization of these fields for BMP's but we want to store compressed JPEG files. A fix is two versions away per Q+E. As a work around, I was wondering if it was possible to utilize a SQL pass through statement or some other means to insert data into the Long Raw datatypes in O7?

*Robert O'Briant * This *
*robriant_at_clc.gmeds.com * Space *
  • for *
    *All opinions expressed are mine & are not those of EDS. * Rent *