What is btoi() (PROC)

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/05/12

        I am upgrading from V6 to V7. Today I worked on the ProC programs.

        After fighting for a while with the linking step, I was left with one unresolved symbol btoi(). ar -t couldn't find it in any of the Oracle libraries. I found btol() in a couple of the v6 compatiblity libraries (at least I think that's what they are, they vave v6 in the name).

        So this leads me to 2 questions.

  1. Why do I need this function ? I'm not doing anything that I know of that should be V6 specefic.
  2. Why di linking to a library that doesn't contain this function resolve my problem.

        Yes the code appears to work as intended.

--
Stan Brown     stanb_at_netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems

|  Windows, the only computer virus to take up 20 megs of RAM      |