Re: SQLNET ON WIN-OS2

From: Janos Geller <jgeller_at_panix.com>
Date: 1995/05/12

Adel ADAMOU (adamou_at_dorado.crpht.lu) wrote:
: I have a PC with OS2 v2.11, and i want to use SQL NET for Windows within
: WIN-OS2.
: My question is :
: Is there anybody who worked on SQL NET for windows runinng on WIN-OS2 ?

: If yes, then how is your configuration ?

: Thanks in advance.

: Adel

The product you need is called SQL*VDM (for Virtual Dos Machine). You install SQL*Net and the needed protocol adapters on the OS/2 side, start up the VDM server, and load the SQLVDM TSR in your WIN-OS/2 session. It works fine for me, even using together with ODBC.

   Janos Geller

P.s.: it might work w/o SQL*VDM (installing SQL*Net into the WIN-OS/2

      session directly), but I wouldn't experiment with it. Received on Fri May 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message