RE: Delete UNIX files/tblsp owned by Oracle

From: Perry McGrew <perrygrw_at_future.dreamscape.com>
Date: 1995/05/11

have UNIX id called ORACLE used to stop/start/install Oracle database and software. User connects into Oracle and creates tablespace and subsequent UNIX file. User then drops the tablespace but Oracle 7.1.4 does not remove the UNIX file that was associated with this table. The file ownership is under the Oracle ID and permission is 640, meaning the user can't delete the file unless we give them the Oracle ID's password etc. This isn't desirable since gives the user to alter initSID.ora etc. I have tried writing a simple script and mess with various ownership/"sticky bit" permissions but I haven't succeeded yet. Does anyone else have a solution? Thanks in advance. Regards,
Perry A. McGrew (perrygrw_at_future.dreamscape.com) Received on Thu May 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message