tcp/ip connection within 2 macintosh

From: Gerardo Moenne <gmoenne_at_enlaces.ufro.cl>
Date: 1995/05/11

Hello:

  I want to connect 2 macintoshs via sql*net with tcp/ip protocol but no matter what i do i get error ora-00003 (obviusly not documented at least in my manuals).

The server run Oracle server for macintosh v 1.1 (ip=200.13.0.8) The client run Oracle for macintosh v 2.0 (client tools version) I have sql*net for macintosh v 1.2
now the 2 macs are connected by Ethernet (The appletalk protocol works fine but my pourpose is to connect the client from another site via internet)
i had follow all documentation instructions

any ideas of what i«m doing wrong or the meaning of ora-00003?

thank

Gerardo

note: Oracle RDBMS version is 6 Received on Thu May 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message