Re: Indexes ? or Constraints ?

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1995/05/11

On Thu, 11 May 1995, Stan Brown wrote:
> Howeve if I leave them in I don's seem to have nay control over
> the storage of the idexes that will be created. We presently put indexes
> in a diferent tablespace (on a different disk) than the tables. Also we
> control fairly tightly the space ocumpied by the indexes (PCTFREE, MIN,
> NEXT etc). I also hate to lose this.

I think you missed the syntax. The CREATE TABLE allows you to specify the tablespace and storage parameters of the table AND INDEPENDENTLY FOR EACH unique index (including the primary key). You can have it all!

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Thu May 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message