Re: Need a real stats tool, tkprof is hopeless. Help !

From: Andrew C. Moll <acmoll_at_dgsys.com>
Date: 1995/05/11

  AdHawk from MITI will definitely help you out, *if* your customer can afford it! I don't have their address/phone, so you'll have to look it up somewhere, or send me a note and I'll get it to you in a couple of days.   AdHawk also is available for testing via a demo disk. Drew Moll

Ayana (Ayana_at_voyager.cris.com) wrote:
: I've been thrown to the wolves and given only tkprof to tune a
: truly god-awful query on some large (1.5 million rec) tables.
: The explain plan option of Tkprof quits working somewhere
: after 90000 records -- and I have no idea of why.
: Change the select parameters (date), rearrange the query,
: and it sometimes works. But that's not exactly useful,
: as I'm rearranging the query to get performance !
:
: I'm looking for info on any query tuning tool (oracle 7.0.14 and up)
: that has worked for anybody out there - I think my client will buy
: one if I can get a referral. What I need are stats on cpu & IO, as
: well as how many hits we got on each piece of the query (much like
: TKProf explain would give, if it worked :( ). BTW, we run on VMS
: and Unix both, I'll take anything that runs on either (can you tell
: I'm getting desperate ?).

: Anybody got any ideas ?? Answer here or email me at ayana_at_cris.com.
: TIA

: Ayana Craven

: --
: ayana_at_cris.com Ayana Craven
: Isn't there *any* good real-time database out there ??
: Just *one*, that actually works, and is robust ??

: --