Re: oraperl with perl 5 ?

From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: 1995/05/11

In article <3oo4eu$liv_at_azure.acsu.buffalo.edu>, Charlotte Baltus <baltus_at_acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:

> I am new to oracle and fairly new to embedded SQL, so I apologize if
> this is real obvious.
>
> I want to embed SQL in perl5. Can I do it? I have oracle v7(.1.3?)
> and perl v5 on my system. It looks like oraperl will allow me to
> embed SQL in perl (right?), but can oraperl be used with perl5? I've
> been looking through the oraperl ftp site, but don't see anything
> specifying which version(s) of perl it can extend.

Only Perl 4.

A new Perl 5 database interface for Oracle is being developed but is only an alpha version right now. See ftp.demon.co.uk:/pub/perl/ in the DBI and DBD/Oracle directories. If you want to work with this alpha software please join the perldb-interest mailing list by sending a request to perldb-interest-request_at_vix.com.

> Thanks,
> Charlotte Baltus
> baltus_at_cedar.buffalo.edu

Regards,
Tim. Received on Thu May 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message