Re: How may idle user sessions be killed prior to a shutdown?

From: Blv n Drms <blvndrms_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/05/11

Might I suggest another way we are using at our sites doing cold backups:

Set the RESOURCE_LIMIT = TRUE in your init.ora then alter your users/roles to have a resource timeout of 2 hours. What that means is if their session is idle for 2 hours they are disconnected from oracle. It does not solve the problem of processes that are actually modifying data at backup time but handles the user who just forgets to log off at the end of the day.

I would caution against using shutdown abort...it can cause you to have to do media recovery a lot more often than you may like. Jack Richter Received on Thu May 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message