Re: Q: Oracle7 & Row level security...

From: Greg Flannery <gflanner_at_mhs-tva.attmail.com>
Date: 1995/05/10

In article <3ono2j$4tv_at_ttis.thomtech.com>, Dave H <dheissner_at_thomtech.com> says:

>Hi,
>I am curious to know what approaches people are using to implement
>row level security on an Oracle7 table without spliting the table
>into separte tables with the same structure.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Dave H. - dheissner_at_thomtech.com

Dave,

   To my knowledge Oracle 7 doesn't provide any special mechanism for row level security. The way I've always done row level security is by creating a view with the rows which can be updated or retrieved specified in the view's where clause.

Greg Flannery
Database Administration
Tennessee Valley Authority
gflanner_at_mhs-tva.attmail.com Received on Wed May 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message