Re: Q: Oracle7 & Row level security...

From: Brian Graham <GrahamB_at_psac.com>
Date: 1995/05/10

In article <3ono2j$4tv_at_ttis.thomtech.com>, Dave H <dheissner_at_thomtech.com> says:

>Hi,
>I am curious to know what approaches people are using to implement
>row level security on an Oracle7 table without spliting the table
>into separte tables with the same structure.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Dave H. - dheissner_at_thomtech.com

  In terms of multiple people updating rows, the locking of a row is automatic. You can also select rows for update, thereby reserving the rows for update later in the script/procedure. You can also use views to restrict the data a user can see (kind of a lock).   In Forms, I checked criteria upon changing rows, and if the criteria was met, I changed the field attributes to prevent a user from updating rows not in the current period.
  Hope this helps. If you have a more specific question, feel free to contact me and I'll help if I can.

                                  	  Brian

--
Brian Graham                    .
Programmer / DBA        ._______|_______. Tel: 613-560-5470