Re: tablespace

From: Blv n Drms <blvndrms_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/05/10

Jenny,
The max extents reached error indicates that your initial and next extent sizes for the Temp tablespace were too small to contain the data selected in 121 extents. This may be because you retrieved much more data in the sort area than you expected or more likely, based on the select you supplied, the initial and next are set too low or the pctfree/pctused values are set incorrectly. I would suggest reviewing your initial and next and see if they look reasonable. If they do, then check the pctfree/used ...I find a lot of people forget these settings and take the default which results in just 40% of each data block being used for data..and so they run out of space when they actually have plenty..

     For temp I would suggest you set the pctfree 5 pctused 95.
     You don't appear to be using up all the space in your Temp
tablespace....you would get an error message indicating that no room to create next extent, if it was full. So, expanding it won't solve the problem that you've used up all 121 extents available for an object in the tablespace.
Hope that helps.

Jack Richter
Senior Consultant
Eagles, International, Inc. Received on Wed May 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message