Re: use base table or not? : )

From: <James>
Date: 1995/05/10

In article <3onovs$33r_at_tst.hk.super.net> cartier_at_hk.super.net (Mr Cartier Hung) writes:
>Right now we are develop an application that will access on two same
>relations on two different machine, while the two relations contain
>different country information...
>
>On normal case, we create the form on Forms 3, create the block and select
>the local table as base table. When we deal with remote site, we select
>the remote table as base table. However, we are intend to query on two
>tables in sequence, say, if the local table is not found, go and found if
>remote table got the information or not. The question is, can we assign
>both local and remote table as base table for the same block? or we need
>to do select * from localtable, then select * from table_at_remote...etc
>
>And if any Oracle documentation can directly tell me the hint, can you
>just point me to there?
>
>Cheers,
>Cartier :>
>
>--

>| Cartier Hung | Interested in: | Email: cartier_at_hk.super.net |
>|-----------------| Computer Graphics | cschung_at_cs.cityu.edu.hk |
>| \\|// | Digital Arts/Images | |
>| ( o o ) | Parallel Computing | Finger: cartier_at_hk.super.net |

Haven't tried it, but... I would guess the latter. If you are only doing a SELECT, and not doing any UPDATEs or INSERTs, try creating a view which UNIONs the two tables.

James Richard (JRICHARD_at_TUNS.CA)
"No Assembler Required!" Received on Wed May 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message