Oracle exp/imp

From: Doris Jetz <yeer_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1995/05/09

Anyone out there know about oracle's complete, cumulative, incremental exports/imports?

I know if I export my database (normally), I can import it into another database of a different structure no problem.

If I do exports using incrementals, can I use them to restore the database to a different database with a different structure on a different box? (ie, different tablespace names, locations, sizes). I have tried a few things and so far it doesn't look like it.

Opinions, experiences?

Doris Jetz
Application Support Analyst
NGX Inc
yeer_at_cadvision.com Received on Tue May 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message