Re: PL/SQL Package size

From: Doris Jetz <yeer_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1995/05/09

In article <3oo32t$773_at_news.tamu.edu>, m0v5533_at_tam2000.tamu.edu says...
>In article <D8AnA1.4E0_at_freenet.carleton.ca>,
>Dave Boswell <bd860_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote:

We have a package body that is fairly large (approx 3000 lines). In this package body we have several functions, one of which is also fairly large (approx 700 lines). We experienced a problem where the function would lock a resource that didn't exist. Basically it was a PL/SQL memory leak (this was logged and diagnosed with Oracle Tech Support). OTS told me that the pcode of PL/SQL can be no bigger than 64k. It turns out that the bug was that if the pcode is between 63k and 64k, then PL/SQL experiences this 'memory leak'. This bug is fixed in version Oracle v7.2.

My question is what is pcode? Is it the package body? the funtion? the code that falls between the BEGIN and END reserved words?

BTW: We run IBM Risc/6000 with AIX 3.2.5, Oracle version 7.0.13 (soon to be 7.1.6) with the Parallel Server Option, HACMP 1.2 on RAID.

Doris Jetz
Application Support Analyst
NGX Inc.
yeer _at_cadvsion.com Received on Tue May 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message