Re: PL/SQL Package size

From: Dave Boswell <bd860_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/05/09

> In <3ogj5v$m71_at_viper.is.rest.tasc.com> careywd_at_jupiter (William D.
> Carey) writes:

>>I am currently working on a project which is doing a lot PL/SQL
>>procedures stored in packages. These packages run in to thousands
>>of lines. Has anyone heard of any guidelines or recommendations for
>>package size? Have you any real world experiences you can share? I
>>would appreciate any feedback you can give me.
>>
>>Will Carey

Was going through the forms 4.5 Beta on-line docs and came across a section that said on the PC, as to other platforms I'm not sure, PL/SQL pcode is limited to 64K. The way it was worded it is not clear if this was a limit of one block of code or a source module with many procedures/functions. It also said, in the same section, that this was approx 10K of source. Does anyone know or have a clearer set or numbers ?

Dave Boswell Received on Tue May 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message