Re: IMP bug?

From: Peng Hu <hup_at_nms.otc.com.au>
Date: 1995/05/09

gsalem_at_ibm.net writes:

>Hi,
>I recently had a pblm with IMP: if I use the fromuser/touser facility, and
>in the middle of the import Oracle cannot create a given table, all tables that
>are after this one are created with the original user (the fromuser) and not the
>"touser". Anybody knows about this one? any workaround?
>thanks

You are right. I also believe it is a bug rather than something else. The IMP utility is less error tolerant as it is expecting no errors for creating tables, etc. If it does have problems creating tables because of space problems, etc., the FROMUSER/TOUSER rule is no longer adhered.

In this sense, the previous IMP utility is better.

Peng Hu
Database Consultant

|     Telstra OTC Australia             |     IBM Australia               |
|     363 Oxford Street                 |     PO Box 400                  |
|     Paddington, NSW 2012              |     Pennant Hills, NSW 2120     |
|     Australia                         |     Australia                   |
|     Tel: +61-2-3393886                |     Tel: +61-2-3547749          |
|     Email: Peng.Hu_at_pad.otc.com.au     |                                 |