Re: MS Access interface to Oracle 7

From: Cathy Fischer <cfischer_at_utmb.edu>
Date: 1995/05/09

>I would think that the technique of layering views on top of
>the raw tables would help. Never grant any access to the raw
>tables. Instead, create multiple views and restrict update
>access to only the particular views that really need it.
>
>Hope this helps too :-)
>
>Jim F

Also, create the roles as a previous writer said and be sure all your tables have primary keys, foreign keys, check constraints and whatever db triggers or procedures you can add in that will do the data verification at the table level so if they do come in the back door you can still maintain data integrity. Received on Tue May 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message