New Database Shows as <local host>

From: thunder1 <thunder1_at_204.248.93.5>
Date: 1995/05/08

I'm new to Oracle but have gotten a database created via SQL*DBA on PO7, but, instead of seeing that name in database manager, I see <local host> for the database name and my database name as the configuration file's name. Then when I run a couple table definitions in SQL*DBA to the new database I can do a DESCRIBE command on them there, but in Object Manager and SQL*PLUS they say there are no tables or views present. What's my problem????? Any and all advise will be welcome. I'm running on a P-60 based machine with 20mb RAM. Jerry Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message