Fin'ls 9.3.7 Sun/OS to 10.5 Solaris upgrade

From: Avram Korman <adk_at_gcm.com>
Date: 1995/05/08

We are in the process of upgrading our Oracle Financials and Oracle Database on a Sparc System. If anyone has had the experience of this migration path and would like to share their tricks, traps or other helpful hints that we should be aware of please respond.

If anyone has had significant performance benefits or decreases please let me know.

Our Hardware and Software IS:

	From:
		Sparc-10
		Single CPU - 100MHz
		128Meg of Memory ( being ugraded to 256Meg )
		25-50 Concurrent connections
		Sun/OS version 4.1.3 sun4c
		8 Gigabyte Disk
		Raid Level 5
		RDBMS - 6.0.36
		  and Oracle Tools
		Financial(s) 9.3.7
			Oracle General Ledger
			Oracle Payables
			Oracle Purchasing
			Oracle Fixed Assets
	To:
		Sparc-?? ( to be determined )
		Single CPU - 100MHz  ( to be determined )
		256Meg of Memory
		40-60 Concurrent Connections
		Solaris 2.4
		8 Gigabyte Disk
		Raid Level 5
		RDBMS - 7.1.43
		  and Oracle Tools
		Financial(s) 10.5
			Oracle General Ledger
			Oracle Payables
			Oracle Purchasing
			Oracle Fixed Assets

Thanks for any and all help.

Avram. Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message