Re: What is DBMS_SQL??

From: Tony Noble <cz0763%zip02_at_mt.gov>
Date: 1995/05/08

In article <3ohlps$4al_at_jupiter.planet.net>, donaldl_at_planet.net says...

>I have seen a few references lately about a package called dbms_sql.
>I don't have any documentation on this package. Is it available as
>a standard package for Oracle 7.0? If so, where do I find it?
>
>Any help would be appreciated. It sounds like a useful utility.

It is a package that allows dynamic SQL statements to be performed in stored procedures. That is, you can issue DDL statements from a stored procedure, such as, 'ALTER USER....'. It should be found in the same directory as your CATALOG.SQL and CATPROC.SQL scripts. Just run it from SQLDBA as a CONNECT INTERNAL.

TN. Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message