Re: Oracle 7.1.4 startup problems

From: David Taylor <david.taylor_at_che.gatech.edu>
Date: 1995/05/08

>I've been seeing an error in my alert log that occurs during startup.
>The system is currently in a development mode and not open for general
>use so, since things seem to work properly for those using it, I have
>left the problem be for the time. I am, however, moving towards
>having the system open for general use, and I need to find out if
>this problem is going to bite me or not.

Thanks to all who replied to my message. I finally figured out what was going on and corrected it. The line in the init file that specifies the mts listener address told Oracle to look at port 5000. Unfortunately the listener was sitting on 1525. After several months of not seeing what was before my very eyes, I noticed that 1525 really doesn't equal 5000 :( Oh well.

On to bigger and better blunders!

-David Taylor Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message