Re: PL/SQL Package size

From: Vinayak Kulkarni <vinayak_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/05/07

In <3ogj5v$m71_at_viper.is.rest.tasc.com> careywd_at_jupiter (William D. Carey) writes:

>I am currently working on a project which is doing a lot PL/SQL
>procedures stored in packages. These packages run in to thousands
>of lines. Has anyone heard of any guidelines or recommendations for
>package size? Have you any real world experiences you can share? I
>would appreciate any feedback you can give me.
>
>Will Carey
I have created huge packages. I used to get an error if the package size exceeded approximately 5000 lines (Oracle 7.0.15). I don't remember the exact error code. Our DBA talked to Oracle support and advised me to break huge packages into multiple smaller size packages. That worked just fine. Received on Sun May 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message